curl-and-php

NO output whatsoever

From: <theexperts_at_allprodirect.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:52:41 -0500

Someone please help! After hours of working on this, I can't figure out
what's going on.

I am just switching over to the C version of curl from the PHP version
because I need to do multiple simultaneous transfers. My web host has
libcurl for PHP but no support for the C version, so I had to install it on
my account.

Using curl for C I can't get the program to give me ANY output. I don't mean
just curl output, I mean it won't even printf("Hello\n");

There is something about calling curl_init that prevents output. If I
comment-out the curl_init, it will printf hello.

What's up with that? Maybe it's freezing on the init?

I can't get any VERBOSE output either.

The program is being called from PHP via: exec("test.cgi", $out); The output
from the C program is going into the $out variable.

The command line seems to work fine. I tried a basic curl
http://www.mywebsite.com

In case this means anything: when I ran the makefile, at one point a message
scrolled up the screen about me not having the latest version of gunzip but
at least I can... blah blah blah something. Everything compiles fine and I
got the same output problem when I tried using a binary from the curl site.

Oh, also: why would curl-config --version be reporting version 7.9.3? Could
that be because it's detecting the version my web host has installed?

-J.