curl-and-php

cURL 7.9.5 w/ PHP 4.1.2 and OpenSSL 0.9.6b

From: Erik Kratzenberg <erik5-curl_at_pair.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:07:04 -0500

Hi folks. I have an installation of cURL 7.9.5 (with OpenSSL 0.9.6b)
compiled into PHP 4.1.2 (also with OpenSSL 0.9.6b) and am having trouble
getting it to retrieve pages over HTTPS in PHP. To simplify things, I'm
currently using PHP as a CGI straight from the shell.

If I use the following code:

$ch = curl_init ("https://ssl10.pair.com");
curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

I get absoutely *nothing*. When I set CURLOPT_VERBOSE, the only output
I get is:

* Closing connection #0

If I remove the 'https' and replace with 'http' in the above code, it
works flawlessly. Likewise, if I use the 'curl' binary to retrieve
either the HTTP or HTTPS from the shell, it works.

Any suggestions on how to solve or even how to get some information for
debugging would be appreciated.

Erik

----
pair Networks