curl-and-php

POSTing

From: Sam Ramsay <mail_at_pugwash-uk.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:30:19 +0000

First... Hello list... Another new subscriber for you.

I have read (I think) all the various threads that pertain to this but
as yet I haven't found a definite answer.

I am using cURL to POST variables from a php script after they have been
verified/actioned/generated/etc. The URL I am posting to is external so
I can't simply use an include (or whatever).

cURL works perfectly POSTing the relevant data, however the URL (in the
location bar) remains the same (i.e. mine) rather than the URL I have
just POSTed to (the external one)... This means that the links on the
external page don't work as they are trying to be relative to my URL not
theirs.

Is this a limitation of cURL or is there something simple (it could be
complex but I usually find that these solutions cause you to say "Oh of
COURSE... I knew that") that needs to be added/altered/...

Thanks for any help. (I'll try and return the favour if I'm able)

Sam