curl-and-php

curl/php & CURLOPT_TIMEVALUE

From: Robert Olson <olson_at_mcs.anl.gov>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:54:37 -0500

Hi --

I'm trying to get a conditional page-fetch working in php. I'm doing this:

$ch = curl_init("http://cnn.com/");

$date = "1 january 2004";
$time = strtotime($date);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, 1);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

$rc = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEVALUE, $time);

$cont = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

And find that I always get the full page returned in $cont.

the date is parsing correctly (as verified by strftime later); a similar
request done thru the curl command line utility works properly. Is there
something I'm missing?

thanks,
--bob