curl-and-php

Re: writing headers to separate file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:45:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Dave Withnall wrote:

> I've encounted the following problem. when using the curl extensions built
> into php it works - i can get webpages etc etc. however whenever i try to
> use any of the functions which save things to files
>
> eg - curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_WRITEHEADER, $header);
> or curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $output);

I'm sorry.

The CURL/PHP module is very extensively used, perhaps the most used libcurl
binding of them all (it is a bit hard to measure).

Yet there seems to be very few people who actually know anything about the
internals or perhaps who are willing to answer questions.

Personally, I don't know enough about PHP to take on this responsibility but
I'm a bit sad about this development in this area.