curl-and-php

Re: curl and PHP with client certificate

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:10:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Hugo Alexandre A. S. Dias wrote:

> This command curl -d A030=M001 -d A001=1266 -d C007=30606020008628 -v
> --cert \certificados\tpa1266.pem:123456 --cacert \certificados\chain.cer
> https://cer.pnet.multibanco.pt/pvtn
>
> returns me
> * Your connection is using a weak random seed!

Well, this particular line can be ignored, as it is wrong ;-)

> * Closing live connection (#0)
> curl: (35) error setting cerficate verify locations

This problem is SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations() that returns error when it
loads the CA certificate you have pointed out.

We should probably use a SSL_get_error() to get a more detailed error code
from OpenSSL. The error above just tells us it failed, not why.

> I converted the client certificate to PEM format and all the certs in the
> chain of this and of the server to PEM format too.

There seems to be a problem with the chain of CA certs.