curl-and-php

images, forms, and curl

From: Adam Schwartz <get_adam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys I am very new to PHP but having excellent luck
so far. Here is where I am stuck.

I wrote an HTML form which takes in a bunch of text
fields and an image. The tag i used for the image is

<input type="file" name="picture">

Now i POST this info to my PHP program. The PHP
program then uses cURL to POST to another script (not
written by me).

I have no problem transfering the text fields from the
form to the other script through my PHP. However, I
am unsure of how to send the file along.

This is how my PHP script works:

$myData =
"param1=$_POST[field1]&paparm2=$_POST[field2]&image=".$_POST[picture];

Next the script POSTs with cURL (no problems there).

Of course $_POST[picture] comes out completely empty.
I realize that this is totally wrong b/c I need to
actually capture the image data sent by the browser
and then somehow get this into my cURL POST. I have
no idea how!

thanks,
adam schwartz