curl-and-php

Re: Properly installing curl in windows 2000

From: Dave Withnall <withnall_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:25:20 +1000

>It seems that you have exact same problem as me. Everything seems
>correctly set up, the phpinfo shows;
>

>curl
>

>CURL support enabled
>CURL Information libcurl 7.9 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)

If you see this above then you have php installed with curl

>"To use PHP's CURL support you must also compile PHP --with-curl[=DIR]
>where DIR is the location of the directory containing the lib and include
>directories.
>In the "include" directory there should be a folder named "curl" which should
>contain the easy.h and curl.h files.
>There should be a file named "libcurl.a" located in the "lib" directory"

This relates to the source code only. if you are installing php by
compiling the source then you need to do this. if you're using the windows
binary install package then you dont. and going by the previous emails that
I've recieved this is what you are doing.

The simplest way to test your install is to use this script

<?php
$ch = curl_init ("http://www.google.com/");
curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);
?>
which will echo the google webpage

as for the warning recieved
Warning: fopen("php_homepage.txt", "w") - Permission denied in
D:\WWW\xxxxxxx.com\www_root\xxxx.php on line 4

this tells you that your web server does not have permission to create
files in this directory. you'll need to play with the permissions for the
directory you want to use.

A few months back I personally found that I could not use the option
CURLOPT_FILE when using the windows binary install of php. As I was in a
rush I never found time to resolve the issue and shifted everything to a
linux server. Wether this was caused by a bug in php/curl or something else
I do not know.

D.