curl-and-php

Re: Error: curl: (35) SSL: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:32:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Reyner Natahamidjaja wrote:

> /usr/bin/curl https://wwws.echo-inc.com
>
> It shows (in about 1-2 seconds):
>
> * About to connect() to wwws.echo-inc.com:443
> * Connected to wwws.echo-inc.com (63.242.240.171) port 443
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (35) SSL: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
>
> I can access other https, but not this one (which we use a lot). However,
> everything was fine with the other machine that has not been upgraded with
> the latest kernel. I have reinstalled everything (curl and openssl) both
> using the tarball and rpm but still not working. Could you please help?

I'm afraid this is one of those weird problems that have haunted us for
years without ever any good answer having emerged.

Apparently, we bail out because we get an error back. But when we ask for a
more specific error description from OpenSSL it gives that zero-filled
response back indicating that it knows of no error.

I can only recommend running it through a debugger to find out exactly which
SSL-function that returns what error and then figure out why that might
happen.

It might of course be that curl behaves wrongly on an OpenSSL return code,
but that's not something anyone has made me aware of.

I've never been able to repeat this problem myself.

Sorry that I can't be of more help here! :-(