curl-and-php

File Postilating Errornation

From: Steve Keller <skeller_at_healthtvchannel.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:52:02 -0800

Ok, so I'm not sure what's causing the error I'm getting, but I've narrowed
it down a bit, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me eliminate a
few possibilities.

I've got a PHP script that's catching some POSTed data and writing an XML
file. The script then has to POST that XML file to a NetLedger server over
HTTPs. I've got the certificate, I've got the connection, and I know my XML
is valid because NetLedger also has a UI manual upload and it processes
just fine from there. But, if I echo the response from the other server, I get:

        Failed parsing XML: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Reason:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

I haven't been able to find much on that particular error, but from what I
have found, it seems one of the possible causes of that Java parser problem
is an incorrect file transfer type. So, here's my code and, again, I'm
hoping someone a bit brainier than I can help me figure out what's going
on. Like I said, I'm not certain that it's a cURL/PHP issue, but I figured
it couldn't hurt to ask.

<?php
        $cert = "osb-bundle.crt";
        $file = "test.xml";
        $post_url = "https://partners.netledger.com/s/SmbXml";
        $formvars['mediafile'] = "@$file";
        $formvars['submit'] = "1";

        $ch = curl_init($post_url);

        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, $_SERVER["SCRIPT_URI"]);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD, "****************");
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, $cert);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $formvars);

        echo curl_exec($ch);
        echo curl_error($ch);
        curl_close ($ch);
?>