curl-and-php

Re: Curl php problem timeout

From: Keith Pope <keith_at_clevercherry.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:53:17 +0100

ok originally before I upgraded curl to 7.10.6 I got this:

[admin admin]$ curl -d "data=12121212" -v -trace
https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vps200/dotransaction.dll?Service=VendorRefundTx
* SSL connection using RC4-MD5
* Server certificate:
* subject: /C=GB/ST=London/L=London/O=PROTX Ltd./OU=Service
Department/OU=Terms of use at www.trustwise.com/rpa (c) 02/OU=Authenticated
by British Telecommunications plc/OU=Member, VeriSign Trust
Network/CN=ukvpstest.protx.com
* start date: 2003-05-15 00:00:00 GMT
* expire date: 2004-05-14 23:59:59 GMT
* common name: ukvpstest.protx.com (matched)
* issuer: /O=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign
International Server CA - Class 3/OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref.
LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
* Connected to ukvpstest.protx.com (213.52.165.34)
> POST /vps200/dotransaction.dll?Service=VendorRefundTx HTTP/1.1

data=12121212Status=MALFORMED
StatusDetail=Refund Failed<!--RFND:Failed--><BR>,Related Vendor Transaction
Code missing or invalid length<!--RFND:RelatedVendor Transaction Code
Invalid Length-->
VendorTxCode=
VPSTxId=
Killed -- here i have to kill the process else it just keeps on going
!!!!!

then I upgraded and it worked but because Iam not totally experienced with
building php on a cobalt (can do it on normal linux but cobalts can be very
strange and I cant risk breaking this server) I cant get the php_curl
binding to work mainly because cobalt uses shared not a dir in
php --configure cmd (cobalts sucks!!!!)

so I thought i would just use the newer version of curl using passthru to
called the sys cmd.

all I did to do this was :

$cmd = "/usr/local/bin/curl -d \"data=12121212\"
https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vps200/dotransaction.dll?Service=VendorRefundTx"
;
$response = passthru($cmd);

//process returned data

now when I did this it hangs too and I have to kill the process again !!!

I also tried writing a perl script to do the same using system and another
strange thing happen, the script would work if i did:

perl test.cgi

but not if I ran it through the browser (again it hanged on me)

anyway its been driving me mad!!!!

thx for the help much appreciated.....