curl-and-php

Re: redirect troubles...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:36:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ace Mc Kool wrote:

> I'm trying to redirect my customers to the actual Paypal page (where the URL
> in the browser reflects the Paypal page) rather than just executing my cURL
> function (where the browser URL shows my domain, not Paypal's).

A redirect means sending a Location: header to the client, which then makes
the browser follow to that URL.

> You will notice that I get the Paypal page but all the image links are
> broken (because Paypal uses relative URL's in it's HTML).

That's because you request the page from paypal and display it. curl does no
link conversions. If you really want to do it like this, you need to translate
all links in the downloaded HTML to point to the absolute ones on paypal
instead.

> Any ideas on how to do a physical redirect within cURL?

What would a "physical redirect within cURL" do?