curl-and-php

'The page requires a valid client certificate'

From: David Felton <davidfelton_at_codemasters.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:22:25 +0100

I have a client certificate that I need to use to connect to a server via
https. If I install the certificate on my (windows 2000) server I can visit
the server I want to connect to through IE and I get prompted to select the
client certificate, after I have done that internet explorer can connect to
the secure server ok.

When I try to connect using cURL, however (through PHP or command line) I
always get a 403.16 error with the message 'The page requires a valid client
certificate'. I've converted my certificate with OpenSSL to PEM format - I'm
sure I've done this part correctly, I then use the certificate when
connecting along the lines of:

curl -d data --verbose --insecure --cert cert.pem --key cert_key.pem --pass
<password> https://<servertoconnectto>.com

But I always get the error.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

the system manager.