curl-and-php

Premature timeout

From: Alex Bolgarov <oleksiy_alex_bolgarov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:53:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am using php/curl to connect to https server and get something
from it. Now I'm at testing stage, and we are testing scenario when
we firewall https server port down:

    iptables -A INPUT -j DROP -p tcp -d XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX --dport
XXXX

Timeout (both CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT) is set to
60 sec, so I expect the php script to wait for 60 sec. and then
report some error.

But in reality, curl reports "Empty reply from server" (error 52)
in 15 sec.

Why does it timeout prematurely? Is there another, third kind of
timeout involved here? How can I control this timeout?

Thank you,

    alex.