curl-and-php

Re: Problem With Form Post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:46:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Tig wrote:

> I placed an extra line with this is it, to enable cookies:

> but this doesn't change a thing. Any idea on how I can make this thing work?

You make an assumption like many others have done before you: that this is
easy and effortless. It is at times, but mostly you need to do your job before
you can "emulate" a browser like this.

1. Use Mozilla and clear the cookies for the site
2. With LiveHTTPHeaders you figure out exactly what headers your browser sends
    to the site and how it responds.
3. Now replay using the command line tool curl (and use -v or --trace-ascii
    extensively)

When all this works. Convert to PHP and use it.