curl-and-php

Re: Me again

From: Kirk Hedden <khedden_at_treefrogcreations.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:45:13 -0400

This is from the FAQ:

--------------

7.3 Can I perform multiple requests using the same handle?

With libcurl you can. With PHP/CURL you cannot. This is a limitation in the
PHP/CURL code. Therefore, you need to close each handle after each request
and create a new one for the following one.

I've heard rumours that this situation has been fixed in PHP5, but that is
unconfirmed.

-----------------

I seem to be doing this just fine with PHP/CURL under php version 4.3.8.

Here's a sample of what I mean:

         $ch = curl_init();
         while( something_to_do() ) {
           $page = fetch_page($ch,$url,$form);
           // do stuff with the page
           // change $form or $url here
         }

Inside fetch_page(), I reset several variables like so:

   if( $posting ) {
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postData);
   } else {
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 0);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, NULL);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPGET, 1);
   }

But it all seems to work.

Kirk