curl-and-php

HTTPS and cURL in PHP

From: Frank <frank_at_optimarc.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:57:29 +1000

Hi guys

Many articles have been written about using cURL on different
situations.

I need to login to a https address, start a session and then download a
particular file everyday.

My Curl Options look like this

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt ($ch,CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt ($ch,CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt ($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "/tmp/cookieFileName");

but I keep getting this error : unable to save your session ID in a
browser cookie. It needs to be able to do this in order to work
properly.

Do I need to send any headers? The cookie file can be just any file or
must be a particular one?

Thanks a lot in advance

Frank