curl-and-php

Re: COOKIE question

From: Dimitris Tripakis <DTripakis_at_pathfinder.gr>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:03:49 +0300

!!!

Well excuse me, I can assure you that I am not
SUCH an ignorant human being as you imply:

1. I ll try to find the time to write the "get
cookie in a variable" function. As soon as I
finish the current project, which is in 1-2 weeks.
Honest.

2. I never whined, it is a reasonable question and
you know it. You provide a "save some data to a
file" function, but not a "give me those data in
memory" function. Name one API that does the
same in any context whatsoever. After all if your
work was not good/useful I wouldnt be here,
right ? You want only praises and not comments ?

3. I never said I dont appreciate the people taking
the time for open source stuff.

4. By the way another comment is that there is
no way for the progammer to see/set the header that
he is actually sending, or at least its not
obvious how to do this. I mean I had a manual with
the header I wanted to send, and was trying for 5
hours to figure out how to construct this header
with CURLOPT combinations. Also had to write a
java servlet just to print the header, so I can
see what Im sending.

5. In any case I know you dont need this advice
because since you built this thing you know
already about those issues and probably more.

Anyway I figured out everything with the help
of the users' comments and a lot of trial and
error. In any case CURL helped a lot and as far
as I know, all people developing .gr domain
registry applications in PHP have done it with
CURL. Thats how I ended up using it, its quite
famous lately in Greece cause the .gr provisioning
has been assigned to private corporations in
July 2004 so many ppl are currently working on
building automated "buy your domain name"
applications (yep till July 2004 you had to
do it by posting photocopies of your passport
to the Ministry of Communications !!!).

Well thats all,
c ya
Dimitris