curl-and-php

RE: HTTPS and cURL in PHP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 07:55:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Frank wrote:

> I also tried curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "/tmp/cookieFile")
> But the file is empty after running

CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE is only used to *read* cookies from a file, it never writes
them. If you want curl to write the cookies you use CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, and
then the cookies will be written to the given file name when the curl handle
is closed.

> Any suggestions? .. For more information I want to log in to
> https://smc2.inktomi.com/

When I reach the login form page, it:

1) expects a post sent to
https://smc2.sitematch.overture.com/session/login.html

2) it has already set a cookie (named "SMC_SESSION") in my browser that it
most certainly checks for when the login procedure is processed by the server.