curl-and-php

Help... me...

From: Simon Orsborn <simon_at_ultramedia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:52:31 +1000

Hi Everyone,

I have been forced very much against my will into a situation where I
need to communicate with a payment gateway from PHP using cURL. The
payment page is hosted on a shared SSL account with my ISP which has
curl support enabled.

What I can't seem to do is get curl going on my local machine, and it's
getting really annoying.

So here's what I've tried so far. First of all I found a web page that
said curl is included in PHP 4.something.something and I should just
uncomment the extension in the php.ini file. When I do that I get the
following error:

Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
'c:\php\extensions\php_curl.dll' - The specified module could not be found

So I look in the folder where it says the file is, and there it is large
as life. I have no clue why PHP can't find it. So then I find the
official curl website, and discover it has win32 downloads of curl. So
I download the file and unzip it. No php_curl.dll. Only an exe. Then I
find the 'Installing the PHP binding' article by Lim Chung Keng, and get
as far as line 4 where it says 'Build OpenSSL'.

I don't know how to 'compile' stuff, I don't WANT to know how to compile
stuff. I'm not a C programmer, I'm just some guy who taught himself PHP
off the web. I installed PHP and Apache and MySQL using appserv - a one
click installer.

Surely there has to be some quick easy way of getting cURL going on
windows XP with PHP 4.3.1 and Apache 2 - or is there some sort of
international law which prohibits people from making it accessible to
non C programmer types like me?

Please please please help me,
Simon O