curl-and-php

Re: PHP configure error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:34:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Scott Maclure wrote:

> Now, when I run the php configure script, I get the following:
>
> checking for CURL support... yes
> checking for cURL 7.9.8 or greater... libcurl 7.11.2
> checking for curl_easy_perform in -lcurl... no
> configure: error: There is something wrong. Please check config.log
> for more information.

This seems to be a configure issue, and that configure is from PHP so I think
you should better ask for help in a PHP forum.

I bet it uses curl-config to figure out the version string, but it somehow
fails to link with the library curl-config gives you the version number for.
There is likely more clues in that config.log if you read more lines around
the snippet you showed here.