curl-and-php

Re: Curl w/ SSL Support gives me "undefined reference to `des_set_odd_parity"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:50:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Bryan Smith wrote:

> When I make CURL I'm getting errors and afterwards when starting apache I
> get "undefined reference to `des_set_odd_parity". In a post to this mailing
> list in July someone said this was caused by a problem with OpenSSL, can
> anyone explain that further?

In short:

  OpenSSL before 0.9.7 had the function named des_set_odd_parityd.

  in OpenSSL 0.9.7, it is called DES_set_odd_parity (with an uppercase first
  part)

When you build curl, it checks the version number in the OpenSSL header and
based on that it selects which of the functions it should use.

In your case, it seems to find a version number less than 0.9.7 in the header
when compiling, but when it is about to link with the lib, it is a 0.9.7 one
that doesn't have the lowercase name.