curl-and-php

RE: Problem with browser

From: Matt Parkins <matt_at_the-parkins.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:07:15 -0000

One thing I'm doing right now is sending a message to a machine as you are,
but instead of executing immediately it writes to a database (or file,
whatever), and have something polling that file/database at the other end to
actually execute the long process. That's one way, but I'm sure there are
better ways...