curl-and-php

Re: Why at use CURLOPT_NOBODY remote server fulfils request Incorrectly?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:06:12 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, SID wrote:

> Why at use CURLOPT_NOBODY remote server fulfils request Incorrectly?

PHP/CURL issues client-side requests. If the server behaves badly, it is
usually the fault of the server and not curl's.

But unless you have modules or scripts that change things, I seriously doubt
that Apache misbehaves on a simple HEAD (which CURLOPT_NOBODY set to TRUE
implies).

> On page http://blog.my-choice.biz/index.php?disp=stats in the first variant
> is present referer http://blablabla-one.com In the second variant referer
> http://blablabla-two.com is NOT present

And how can you tell? If set, the referer field is passed on in all reqests
libcurl sends. Try 'curl -v -e foobar -I [URL]' and see for yourself.

> What to make so as variant two(CURLOPT_NOBODY true) worked as in the first
> variant(CURLOPT_NOBODY false)?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want.