curl-and-php

EITHER unknown protocol OR error:00000000

From: Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] <aboehmer_at_addictivemedia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:33:16 +1000

Hi,

I have been sitting all day trying to set up a script on our server that
uses curl (with nuSoap class on PHP). The exact script works fine on a
different development server, but this one just doesn't seem to like me.

Initially I got the error message:

Curl ERROR: 7: Connect failed

I solved that one by adding the proxyhost and proxyport to the connection.
Next I received the error message:

  Error: HTTP Error: cURL ERROR: 35: SSL: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

After doing a bit of reading on this mailing list, I thought I should try
setting the SSL to version 2. I did that, and got thanked for it with:

  Error: HTTP Error: cURL ERROR: 35: SSL:
error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Trying SSL version 3 brings me back to:

  Error: HTTP Error: cURL ERROR: 35: SSL: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

This is driving me absolutely mad! I know the URL I am trying to connect to
works - it works from a different server. It must have something to do with
the particular server I am trying to connect from, but I can't figure out
what it could be.

Hope somebody can help me further.