curl-and-php

java session problem or?

From: Jon Aston <jonraston_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:35:37 -0500

I have minimal experience with cURL but have had some success with it.

I am running a new cURL session for each page but have the cookiefile and jar set to the same location for all sessions. normally that works fine for me. s this the way that I should do this or should I not call curl_close($ch). Is it possible to continue to execute page requests and posts and such on the same connection? if so does it request the entire string that you have requested multiple times? for example if I do not close the connection when I request page 4 will it get page 1, post page 2, and post page three and then get 4 or is it like leaving the browser open and going to the next page so all it gets is page 4?

I am trying to download some invoices that are posted every month. I am
able to get a login to the https: and get the first few pages but when I try
to get the invoices I get an error page with this content.
HTTP Status 500 -

----
type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
39 lines of error messages
Everything seems to work fine up to the point that I am given a jsessionID
on the third page that is curled.  It seems to be writing the info to the
cookie file but I don't know if I am handling it incorrectly or if that has
anything to do with it.
I have downloaded LiveHTTPHeaders version 0.10 available here
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/index.html to see if I was missing any of
the information that has been passed and having compared the log file I can
say that I am passing the same information as the mozilla browser.  does
anyone have any suggestions.
and an RTFM is fine but I have been over several of the links posted
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/ so if you tell me RTFM please send my idiot self
to the correct page.