curl-and-php

Re: setting a new cookie in curl

From: Colleen R. Dick <platypus_at_proaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:44:40 -0800

Thank you for your answer I understand everything you said except the
COOKIELIST. which I can't use anyway from php right?

> > setcookie("custom","value",NULL,"/",".mydomain.com")
>
> I don't think PHP/CURL offers any interface to the COOKIELIST option that
> recent libcurls provide. It allows exactly that operation.

What still I don't understand is why is there no cookie called
cookiename in the cookies attached to mydom.com
after this piddly 8 lines code below has executed
and what I have to do to
make it put one there.
I know for a fact that the code in myfile.php is being
executed because it leaves tracks in the database.

$ch=curl_init("http://www,mydom.com/myfile.php");
$pf = .... //postfields work fine
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$pf);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_COOKIE,"cookiename=YES");
$f = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
unset($ch);