curl-and-php

Re: Problem url (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:11:41 +0100 (CET)

Forwarded with permission

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:14:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Problem url
Daniel,
I apologize for the direct email - I will not have access to my email from
which I subscribe to the list through the holidays.
I'm responding to your questions posed in response to a problem I'm having
with a couple urls:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Broekhuis,Robert R. wrote:
> Works for 999 out of 1000 urls - but for the one here (tomdattorney.com),
> which loads just fine into my browser, it just sits there and times out.
Every time? What libcurl version? What happens if you try it using the
command
line tool curl?
The answers are: yes, every time. From phpinfo: libcurl/7.15.1
OpenSSL/0.9.6g zlib/1.2.1 libidn/0.4.1
I have the same problem using the command-line tool (but I don't know what
version it is), and probably not coincidentally, the site also fails to load
in lynx, from the same shell account. As far as I know, there is no reason
why my IP should be blocked, especially not by a couple seemingly random
sites - but the shell account is on a shared server. I duplicated the
headers sent out by Firefox for the same (successful) request, but still got
no response. I guess I'm ready to give up, but am hoping for that spark of
insight or advice that will help me get around this.
Thanks for your help
Rob