curl-and-php

RE: Problem url

From: Broekhuis,Robert R. <BROEKHRR_at_airproducts.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:23:36 -0500

>"curl -V" displays the full version info.

Command-line curl version is
curl 7.9.5 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6c ipv6
zlib/1.2.1
(I don't have control over this). Since I'm not familiar with the
command-line version, I just tried

curl www.brewsupply.com
and
Curl www.tomdattorney.com
This format works just fine with other, non-problematic urls. For these
two thorns in my side, it just times out.

>So it works if you try it with Firefox, but not if you send the exact
same headers as Firefox does with curl?
Yes. But I run Firefox from my Windows PC, whereas php/curl and curl run
from my shell account on an altogether unrelated IP. And from that same
shell account, lynx fails to load the site as well. The host command
returns a valid response, so DNS/IP lookup per se doesn't seem to be the
problem. The problems are duplicated on a different shell account
(different but closely related IP).
Is there any hope of resolving this, or should I write it off as a fluke
(and known bug in my software :-?) ?
Rob