curl-and-php

Re: Sending hidden variables

From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:31:05 -0800

Hi Tedd,

Well, my HTTP protocol understanding is kind of old, but I believe that you
can just send the "hidden" vars as you would any other var... In curl, this
is done via the "-d" param (for a POST operation)- so to do a GET, you
just build everything onto the URL, like:

    curl -v "http://www.netscape.com?var=hi&var2=there"

Some websites separate variables with a ";"- so you may need to play around
a bit.

In effect, an HTML variable defined like:
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden ...>
Just means it's not displayed in the browser, but passed to the server as
all vars are.

CAVEAT:
HTTP Header variables are a completely different animal-

kDot