curl-and-php

RE: Problem url

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:00:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Broekhuis,Robert R. wrote:

>> "curl -V" displays the full version info.
>
> Command-line curl version is
> curl 7.9.5 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6c ipv6
> zlib/1.2.1

This is insanely old and the mismatched version number between the lib and the
tool is... strange.

>> So it works if you try it with Firefox, but not if you send the exact
> same headers as Firefox does with curl?

> Yes. But I run Firefox from my Windows PC, whereas php/curl and curl run
> from my shell account on an altogether unrelated IP. And from that same
> shell account, lynx fails to load the site as well.

I would say this indicates that the site somehow blocks you.

> Is there any hope of resolving this, or should I write it off as a fluke
> (and known bug in my software :-?) ?

Well, since more than one software shows similar problems I would say you
should start thinking that this problem is located outside of libcurl...