curl-and-php

Starting to learn curl-multi

From: Broekhuis,Robert R. <BROEKHRR_at_airproducts.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:03:25 -0500

I've finally jumped into the multi-threading options offered by
php/curl, since my applications sorely need the increased processing
speed. Unfortunately, the php site isn't exactly forthcoming with
detailed information. Is there a good online source of information on
this set of functions?
I'm thankful for the few examples offered by users of the php site,
which I've been able to gently adapt to meet most of my needs - but I
can't say I fully understand what they are doing. For example, how do I
use curl-multi-select? What circumstances will cause the multi-operation
as a whole to fail (as opposed to individual connections)? When using
single-thread functions in the past, I happily reused the same handle
over and over, with a single init() up front and a single close() at the
end. This does not appear to work for multi-thread handles - must I
init()/close() them for every use, and add/remove handles for every use,
or is there a different means of re-initializing the same handle?
Sorry for the many questions all at once - if they are all answered by a
single reference to a good resource, I'd be happy enough :-)
Rob