curl-and-php

Re: help with a GET of an https page - I always get CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED (28) or CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT (7) errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:33:38 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Rory wrote:

> However, I always receive either a CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED (28) or
> CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT (7) error.

When you do what? Do you use a proxy? You tried without setting the timout to
10 seconds?

> CURL Information libcurl/7.12.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6b zlib/1.1.4

This libcurl version is considered very old (June 2004), and vulnerable to
several security flaws. And so are in fact both the OpenSSL and zlib versions
too!

> Do I need to do anything special for https?

Yes, sometimes. But those error codes would not be the ones you get that would
signal that you need to do something.