curl-and-php

libcurl 7.12 not responding when using a subdomain

From: Darrell Wu <darrell_wu_at_yahoo.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:28:08 +1200 (NZST)

Hi,

I've installed apache 1.3.34 and php 4.4.2 with curl 7.12 on Fedora core 3.
And for some reason the web page hangs when excuting my curl statement or nothing is returned to the variable.

I know my code works as i've been running the same code on window XP with libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7c zlib/1.2.3.
And i'm unsure why it doesn't work on linux. My code is as follows:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,true);
$result = curl_exec($ch); // run the whole process
curl_close($ch);

where $url is a subdomain url(I haven't shown the exact url as it requires a apikey)

I've looked in the error logs and around the same time i get the following message
 [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
 [notice] Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) PHP/4.4.2 configured -- resuming normal operations
[notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)

I've tried running curl from the command line using a url like http://www.domain.com and it works fine, but when i try it with a subdomain the following happens

curl <subdomain>
[3] 3374
[dwu_at_localhost logs]

It places the request in the background and assigns it the pid. After a while i get the message.

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host.

Does anyone have ideas what it could be?

Thanks
Darrell