curl-and-php

Re: File Upload & Post problem - libcurl + PHP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 00:11:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 May 2006, lakshmipriya prabhu wrote:

> The output should show a trace of the file uploaded and the parameters
> posted.

Eh, no. If you use the simple CURLOPT_VERBOSE approach it won't.

Which is why I advice you should debug these things using the command line
client and use the --trace-ascii option.

> But i dont get a trace as mentioned above for multipart/form-data upload
> ,instead i get a HTTP/1.1 100 and then HTTP/1.1 200 and get redirected to
> error page.

The 200 is not a redirect. I take it you meant a HTML redirect...

> Coul you let me know why this happens?

Yes, the server responds with this when you send the post to it.

And to figure out why the server responds this way, you need to understand
what it requires and why you don't fulfill that requirement.

LiveHTTPHeaders and --trace-ascii is a super combination to sort that out.