curl-and-php

SSL error 10054

From: <lecblue_at_charter.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:19:11 -0700

I am running PHP from the command line. In my script, I am opening an SSL connection to a third party server. I send the server an XML request. It processes the request and returns a response. This is built into a loop because there are thousands of requests I have to make. Most of the time this works ok.

If the request is big, it may take minutes for the response. If too much time passes, I will get:
 Curl Last Error
SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 10054
 Curl Last HTTP Code
100

In particular it seems there is a time limit of 180 seconds (3 min). The request is processed but I never receive the response. This is a problem because I need to know if the request worked. I have altered the script to up every timeout I can find:

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 0);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT, 600);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 600);

I have also altered the script to ignore the error and go on. (I have to go thru a very manual process to see if the script fully worked)

Is there a timeout or keep alive parm I am missing? I have already trimmed the requests to be as small as possible but I still get some of these errors.

TIA
Donald