curl-and-php

RE: help! with 'deflate' content-encoding

From: Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaetano_at_sea-aeroportimilano.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:14:45 +0200

Amazing!

Thanks a lot, everything now works perfectly.

It's a PITA that the PHP manual does NOT mention it, and in fact the man page for gzdeflate explicitly mentions RFC 1591, which is also mentioned in RFC 2616, leading many people (well, me at least) astray...

Bye
Gaetano

BTW: I have seen that RFC 2616 also mentions "compress" encoding. Any idea to which php function it translates to?