curl-and-php

(bump) No MySQL data in cURL output

From: Tex McKloud <texmckloud_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Doesn't anyone want to tackle this?

I have read many posts here and on php.net (I'd post
there, but their mail server doesn't work)
I cannot do a capture (Web page scraping?) from my
php/mysql generated web page.

The webpage, conxritedwg.php, reads data from a mysql
database (on a different domain, btw), then generates
a the output.

The only content I can capture is my header and footer
(all static information). No data from the database.
I've tried many curl_setopt configurations, but to no
avail.

I simply want to capture the exact content that the
client sees and save it to the server.

Here is the latest code I've tried (cobbled together
from several sources here and php.net):

// Function to grab the screen

function GrabURL($ID) {

$doc_root = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$curl_handle=curl_init();
$fp = fopen("$doc_root/vccpmp3/dwgs/dwg$ID.html",
"w");
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_URL,"http://www.vcclite.com/vccpmp3/conxritedwg.php");
// curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
// curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT,60);
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION,1);
curl_setopt($curl_handle, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR,
"$doc_root/vccpmp3/cookies$ID.txt");
curl_setopt($curl_handle, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE,
"$doc_root/vccpmp3/cookies$ID.txt");
$buffer = curl_exec($curl_handle);

 if (empty($buffer))
 {
    print "<p>Sorry, vcclite.com is not
responding.</p>";
 }
 else
 {
     fwrite($fp, $buffer);
// print $buffer;
 }

curl_close($curl_handle);
fclose($fp);
}

In order to see the COMPLETE output, you must step
through the 'Configurator' beginning here:
http://www.vcclite.com/vccpmp3/

Configure a single LED cable, then generate the
drawing. WHen you click 'Complete RFQ' that is when
the grabber.php comes into play. The output URL will
be found in the form. Check it out for yourself.

Any takers?

Regards;

Tex McKloud