curl-and-php

Retrieving PHP results from another site with cookies in tact.

From: Michael Williams <mwilliams_at_infinitydatasystems.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:56:46 -0400

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the proper list for this question, but I'm using
cURL to retrieve PHP results from one server to another. Basically
the scenario is as follows:

1) www.companyname.com has a search mechanism that they want to allow
partners to use.
2) the catch is that there is registration required.
3) once registered (and logged in) the user may then make use of the
search capability to their heart's content

Obviously throwing up a quick and dirty frame is the *easiest*
mechanism, but unfortunately it's not an option. I'm currently using
a Ajax (for the pretty effects) with a PROXY.PHP file on the
"partner" sites. This "proxy" file then handles communication
between itself and the main server(s). My question is, how is it
possible to maintain a PHP session between two servers with a PHP
script and cURL so that the partner server keeps the user "logged in"
as if they were actually at the main server.

Thanks in advance.
Mike