curl-and-php

RE: question: ssl through proxies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:32:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Gaetano Giunta wrote:

> Thanks, that possibility had escaped me up to now (the list of options for
> curl_setopt() is really daunting, and new options pop up every now and then
> without proper notice).

What do you mean by "without proper notice" ? I always announce new options in
the release notes for new releases, and I always detail them in the changelog.

Also, the header callback is very old in libcurl and has been supported by
PHP/CURL for at least 3.5 years (as I got an example showing how to use it
back in Feb 2003).

You may refer to the docs for the libcurl binding in PHP, which I must agree
is terrible. But then this is open source so if there's an itch, feel free to
scratch!

> PS: in case I set up a response haeder handling function, how will curl
> behave with regards to a) multi-line headers, and b) headers that are
> repeated multiple times in the response even though they should not, such as
> e.g. content-length?

a) multi-line headers should be concatenated and passed as one to the
callback, but I don't think I've ever seen one in real life so I can't swear
this is working 100%

b) you get them all