curl-and-php

page anchors with curl

From: grant little <grantliddle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:14:41 -0700

using libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3 Apache/1.3.12 (Win32)
PHP/4.4.4
id thee a way to have a post using curl to scroll to a page anchor?

I did some research and found an issue reported back in curl version 3 about
anchors not scrolling.Who knows if that's stilll there.

I want to post some data and have the page scroll to the anchor that I
specify in the curl url like so:

$sessions = curl_init();
curl_setopt($sessions,CURLOPT_URL,"http://example.com#theanchor");
curl_setopt($sessions, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

global $start_date,$end_date;
$post_fields = "start_date=$start_date";
$post_fields .= "&end_date=$end_date";
  curl_setopt($sessions,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$post_fields);
curl_setopt($sessions, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,0);
curl_exec($sessions);

when I do that it posts the data ok but the url shows in the browser without
the anchor and doesn't scroll.
Tried all kinds of permutations but can't get it too work. May have to use
location plus get instead.

Anyone have any insight? thanks.