curl-and-php

Re: Large form POST problem

From: Daniel Vrabioiu <danyvip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:33:29 +0200

On 11/21/06, Cip <apinti_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any limitation to the amount of data that can be sent to a form
> via Curl?
> I am saving the returned contents to a file. This code works fine for
> strings smaller than 800 characters (actually 795 or so), but my regular
> string is just under 9000 characters.
> What can I do?

I doubt this is curl limitation bu rather remote webserver's limitation.
You need to offer more info about this.. is this a simple form or does
it contain some javascript.. you could use httpwatch or a firefox
extension to view live headers and use a browser to upload a big
string and watch what happens.

I belive this problem occur because the remote webserver has some
troubles putting back the packets it gets.. For 800 chars it might
get one packet only but as you increase the size of the string it
might happen to be broken into 2 or more packets. An option would be
to set up a local proxy and instruct curl to use it to send the
requests to the webform as curl can't emulate a browser at this level
(as far as I know)

--
danyvip
Saying Java is good because it works on all platforms is like saying