curl-and-php

Redirects with in-page target

From: Broekhuis,Robert R. <BROEKHRR_at_airproducts.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 08:08:45 -0500

I'm using php 5.2.0 with libcurl/7.15.1. I've noticed that when
following redirects, my version of curl does not strip off in-page
targets (e.g., http://mysite.com/mypage.htm#target), which results in an
error page being returned. Browsers (IE, anyway) do respond with a
correct page. Does anyone know if this has been fixed in later versions
of curl? I may not have a choice of upgrading, but it would still be
nice to know.
Additional question: my curl also does not follow REFRESH headers - a
very uncommon means of providing a redirect (much less common than META
refresh tags, for example). There may be perfectly valid reasons not to
- just wondering if that's a deliberate choice, a
we'll-get-around-to-that issue, or if in fact the current version
already does it.
Thanks
Rob