curl-and-php

RE: SSL Read Errors

From: Patrick Heath <pat_at_i-tools.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:09:12 -0000

>> 56 - SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104

>> I and using a PHP script to connect to a banking API over https I receive
>> the following error on one server (running libcurl/7.12.1
OpenSSL/0.9.7a).
>> When I run the same script on several different servers it works fine:
>>
>> libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
>> libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
>> libcurl/7.11.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7c

>These are problems I remember we sometimes had in the past. I've not seen
them in recent years.

>All those libcurl versions are ancient and so are the OpenSSL versions.
Both libs have had numerous security flaws and other bugs corrected since.

Thanks for your reply.

As its a shared hosting environment I am unable to upgrade any libraries (or
see any logs for that matter). The ISP is refusing to say there is a
problem! Can you remember what may have caused these in the past, or at
least confirm there is an issue server-side. Seem odd that it just stopped
working suddenly without something happening on the server.

Kind Regards

Pat.