curl-and-php

Re: does curl_multi fit for my app?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:07:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, James liu wrote:

> i use 45 server to curl. Tt sometime return 32 server's data and 13 failure
> open, when i refresh, it show me 45 server's data.
>
> how many servers should curl_multi fits for?

First, let me make it clear that I know little PHP but I know a lot of
libcurl.

Using curl_multi_perform, it's no problem using up to at least hundreds of
transfers. If you go beyond hundreds, I recommend using curl_multi_socket(),
but I don't think the PHP binding supports that.

> does curl_multi fit for me?

That's up to you to answer.

> I wanna get data speed is more quick more better. It seems not quick as i
> think.

curl_multi does not increase transfer speeds, it just makes it easier to
transfer many things simultanouesly.

> can i optimize it or something i ignore.

Sure if you find code that is written in a way that can be improved.

> if it is not fit,,,anyone know how to fix it with my app?

I don't understand the question.

I think your problems are related to how PHP and/or PHP/CURL works and aren't
strictly limitations of libcurl's multi interface.

And I have no idea what libcurl version that is bundled with PHP 5.2 so
possibly you could upgrade to a newer libcurl.