curl-and-php

Re: does curl_multi fit for my app?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:39:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, James liu wrote:

> Now i use curl-7.16.1.tar.bz2 .

I don't think we fixed any major performance wise flaws since then, at least
not for the regular curl_multi_perform() case. Of course you should probably
make sure your libcurl is built with c-ares to get the transfers done slightly
nicer as then you overcome the name resolving phase the best possible way (in
my view of course).

> Can u tell me where i find detail about curl's performance?

In the code, by writing test applications or by discussing it with fellow
libcurl hackers on the curl-library mailing list.

Do note that I here speak of libcurl as in the actual library doing the
transfers. curl is the command line tool, PHP/CURL is the PHP binding for
libcurl.

There are many users who use libcurl to do several hundreds (and even
thousands) of simultanoues transfers.