curl-and-php

RE: trouble logging in

From: Luke Painter <Luke.Painter_at_talis.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:15:20 +0100

From: curl-and-php-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-and-php-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: 20 August 2007 08:27
To: curl with PHP
Subject: Re: trouble logging in

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, haroon ahmad wrote:

> so either there are not much expert people attached with this mailing
> list or they wont bother to provide free help for such topics. But it
> doesnt mean i do not respect this mailing list or have any doubt in
> Daniel contribution , no doubt both are great and have contributed a
lot.

This is an open source project, run and done by volunteers - primarily
on spare time. As many other open source projects, this is often done in
an scratch-yout-own-itch manner. ("This" being the PHP binding for
libcurl, is even the joint outcome of a whole range of projects and not
just one...)

So, you get a great product for no money at all.

Lack of experts who reply? Perhaps, but then there's nobody to blame but
to each and every one of us who are here. We are the community.

I would say that most often the reason that there's no reply is that the
question is badly put. Like in the case with our friend "fbsd2", he
posts multi kilobyte logdumps and demands that we take a lot of time and
solves his problems. He knows how to use curl fine, he just hasn't been
able to do the right combos to make his use-case go through.

Contributors have donated thousands of man hours for free. This person
can't even be bothered to spend a few extra minutes to trim down his
mails or to extract the exact specific question, but instead he DEMANDS
that we spend another 30 minutes or one hour or so to read every singly
huuuuuge-log posts he makes here.

I respond to all specific questions that I know the answers to. I
decline to spoon-feed users who can't be bothered to do their homework.

And I don't use PHP/CURL...

--
  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support:

Book your free place now at Talis Insight 2007 www.talis.com/insight
Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com
Shared InnovationTM

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd. The content of this email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.

Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.