curl-and-php

Is there a trace or trace-ascii option for PHP cURL?

From: Morgan Galpin <morgan_at_atsourceinc.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 15:41:09 -0800

The curl command line options are --trace and --trace-ascii which will
dump all incoming and outgoing data to a given file. Is there some kind
of equivalent option for libcurl in PHP?

If not, is there some way to view the entire HTTP request sent to the
server? I've tried the CURLOPT_VERBOSE option for curl_setopt(), but it
*seems* like part of the request is missing. If I can be sure that
verbose is actually showing all of the header sent to the server, then I
can at least narrow down my problem.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Morgan.