curl-and-php

Re: top level (non specific) questions

From: Richard Lynch <ceo_at_l-i-e.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:07:07 -0500 (CDT)

PHP DOM would probably be better IF the HTML is decent enough for DOM
to read it...

If the HTML is totally whack, then you're stuck with PCRE, probably.

Neither is built-in to curl.

Both are extensions for PHP.

Questions about these would better be addressed to php-general

Curl is about getting the document easily, but that's pretty much it,
as far as I know.

On Wed, April 16, 2008 2:23 pm, ryan pal wrote:
> Hello Everyone. Being new to curl, I'm not sure if there are built in
> functions that can help me automate what I'm looking to do.
> Project:-------Automate
> data entry. Details:-------Submit a specified search to a web site
> (using
> curl)-Obtain data back-Strip out all <a href> links-Navigate to these
> pages-Obtain specified data Solutions:----------use curl to post to
> web
> pages-<extract data> (not decided)-import into database Extract Data
> Possibilities:-------------------------use PHP preguse PHP regexuse
> DOMuse
> builtin curl functions (if exists?) After getting read to program my
> script with regex, I was told to use DOM because it would be easier
> and
> handle messy HTML code better. I figured I would check here to see if
> there are other recommended solutions considering this is a cURL
> centralized script and perhaps some on this newsgroup have already
> created something along these lines. Any feedback is appreciated.
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Want an e-mail address like mine?
> Get a free e-mail account today at www.mail.com!

Can you do me a favor?
Sign up for http://Facebook.com
Add http://apps.facebook.com/whereivebeen/
Review it, and let 'em know Rich sent you.
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2603626322
(Scroll down to the middle of the middle column)
Give it a 5-star rating please :-)
(If you can't go 5-star, email me to tell me why)