curl-and-php

Re: Object Moved problem on web host provider (works on local machine)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:30:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, David Colter wrote:

> Have you figured out how to do those redirects without FOLLOW_LOCATION being
> allowed?

There's some initial work in progress to help out this situation in the
future. If things go right, libcurl will soon get a function that allows you
to query for the redirected URL libcurl would've used if it followed the
redirect...

> I usually manage cookies for myself. (I must be missing something in the way
> that curl handles cookies)

libcurl cookie management should still function even if you don't use it to
follow redirects.